Are you an advertising writer with a passion for digital? A digital writer with an advertising heart? A Browns fan with a tolerance for Steelers fans? If you answered yes to two out of three, we might just be the agency you’re looking for.
What we’re looking for is an experienced, B2B/B2C copywriter who brings smart, original ideas to the table. From print and direct mail to TV, radio and online (and a lot more), as a copywriter at Adcom, you’re asked to be a jack-of-all-trades, ready and willing to step up and handle just about any writing job you can think of.
The list of qualities necessary to be a successful writer at Adcom is long: talent, a self-starter mentality, a willingness to fight for good work, solid presentation skills, attention to detail, and above all else, a positive, collaborative attitude.
But with that comes the payoff: a chance to work on big brands, a level of freedom and respect in your ability to get the job done (read: no micromanaging), a positive work environment filled with good people, and of course, competitive salary and benefits.
If you think you fit the bill, and meet most (if not all) of the requirements below, give us a holler.
p.s. The whole Browns thing was a joke. Sort of.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Write compelling and engaging copy for a variety of clients across all media—traditional, new, and stuff we haven’t even thought of yet.
- Think big and come up with creative, effective solutions under occasionally ridiculously tight deadlines.
- Work harmoniously with various stakeholders on every account—art directors, account executives, strategists, media, clients, production, etc.
- Manage your own time and be effective working independently or as a team.
- Communicate concepts and ideas to internal teams and clients in presentations, conference calls and meetings.
- Stay on top of emerging trends in advertising and online/offline communication to help brands stay ahead of the curve.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to take criticism of the work, channel it and turn it into a positive—ultimately leading to even better stuff.
- Ability to work under pressure, in time-sensitive situations, and turn around good work quickly.
- Can take the bull by the horns and demonstrate leadership, rather than wait around for others.
- Strong knowledge of grammar and standard copywriting practices.
CREDENTIALS AND EXPERIENCE:
- The real wild card here. 2 years, 5 years, 8 years? Experience isn’t as important to us as your ability to handle the work, team up successfully with other employees, occasionally present in client meetings, and, overall, achieve success—consistently.
- Killer portfolio is a must-have.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adcom does not discriminate in recruitment, employment or policy administration on the basis of race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, or veteran status. In addition, Adcom expects all employees to adhere to these same principles.
The policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
Individuals who feel they have been subjected to prohibited discrimination (i.e., based on race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry or veteran status) should report such incidents immediately to their manager or to the VPO. All complaints will be investigated.