The Associate Art Director role is a pivotal design moment for each of our account focused design teams. This position is responsible for working alongside account Art Directors and helps them bring the client and the team’s creative visions to life. This person should be thoughtful in their design approach, understand the mechanics of completing both print and web production tasks, and be comfortable in their own design decisions to walk internal and external teams through the strategies used. Associate Art Directors have additional responsibilities in educating and training their peers to add effciency to the department, oversee and streamline processes, and communicate to company leadership about emerging trends while living up to the agency’s quality standards.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design, develop, and strategize key components for several accounts within the agency
- Support several art directors in their day to day tasks with clients and internal account teams
- Manage their own time effectively and with little direction to help accounts stay on budget and on time
- Report to clients and internal teams about account challenges and best practices in different design arenas
- Be considerate of brands and business needs, but propose the best creative solutions even in time-sensitive moments
- Work collaboratively with Account Executives and Art Directors to deliver on client visions consistently
- Ensure quality by committing to internal processes and standards
- Stay current with the latest emerging design and technology trends to find ways to help move clients and brands forward
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of print and web design practices
- Ideally has worked with print production and web production teams previously to bring work to life
- Experience designing ad layout, editing, photo editing, illustration, or other fine arts
- Good understanding of print and web advertising practices and design production standards
- Demonstrates creative work and professional behavior
- Experience as a proactive worker with leadership qualities
Credentials and Experience:
- 1-5+ years working with major brands
- Previous agency experience a plus
- Digital and print portfolio for review
Equal Employment Opportunity
Adcom does not discriminate in recruitment, employment or policy administration on the basis of race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry, or veteran status. In addition, Adcom expects all employees to adhere to these same principles.
The policy applies to all areas of employment, including recruitment, hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, termination, layoff, compensation benefits, social and recreational programs, and all other conditions and privileges of employment.
Individuals who feel they have been subjected to prohibited discrimination (i.e., based on race, color, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, religion, national origin, ancestry or veteran status) should report such incidents immediately to their manager or to the VPO. All complaints will be investigated.